When you give to Family Sharing you are helping to feed children, working families, seniors and disabled Ozaukee County residents. Because of our Community Donors, Family Sharing was able to provide over 376,000 lbs. of food to 4,984 children and 8,296 adults in 2019. When members of our community come together, Ozaukee County gets stronger. Giving to Family Sharing helps to ensure that we have healthy food staples for pantry participants, a network of compassionate supporters and the means to provide necessary nutrition to every resident in Ozaukee County facing hunger.
Our online donation form helps make giving easy and keeps your information secure. You will receive a receipt for your contribution as soon as the donation is processed.
You can make a one-time or regular, sustainable contribution by clicking the button below.
Family Sharing is proud to provide pantry participants with healthy food options including fresh produce, nutritious pantry staples, bread and dairy items. Our food pantry serves hundreds of households every month, and we couldn’t do it without YOU!
If you have questions about about arranging a food drive please call: 262-377-0634 x121
If you would like to drop off food donations at Family Sharing please keep in mind:
- When you arrive please read and follow the signage to the drop off area.
- Family Sharing has food donation bins outside of our facility. Bins are clearly marked.
- Food donations can be dropped off Monday – Saturday. Family Sharing personnel will be bringing donations inside regularly.
Donate Coats & School Supplies
Every fall Family Sharing distributes NEW winter coats to children that utilize our pantry services. Hosting a coat drive or donating new children’s coats and other winter accessories is unique way of support children in our community.
In 2019 Family Sharing distributed school supplies to 494 students that utilize our pantry services. Having the necessary school supplies prior to the beginning of the new school year not only sets them up for success, it also gives them the confidence to face the new school year head on!
Donated furniture items either go directly to food pantry participants or are sold in our resale store where proceeds from all sales go to fund the food pantry. Family Sharing is able to accept small (4x4x4) furniture that is in good, sellable condition.
Furniture items can be dropped off at Family Sharing during open store hours.
- Decorative Accents
- Art (framed posters & paintings)
- Working Lamps
- Small Upholstered Furniture (armchairs, ottomans, etc.). We ask that all upholstered furniture be in good structurally sound condition with no rips, tears, stains, odors (including cigarette smoke) or pet hair
- End tables, coffee tables, accent tables
- Small dining room tables, small buffets/servers, chairs
- Small book cases, small writers desks
- UNOPENED boxed mattresses
- Lightly used wheelchairs and walkers
We do not accept:
- *Large household appliances (dishwashers, refrigerators, AC units or dehumidifiers)
- Medical Equipment (hospital beds, medical devices)
- Building materials (Paint cans, wood, bathroom and kitchen fixtures, window blinds)
- Large entertainment centers/TV cabinets
- Pianos or organs
- Large armoires, china cabinets
- Oversized furniture
- Sofa beds
- Used cribs or car seats
- *Used mattresses or box-springs
- TVs or computer monitors
- Sectional sofas
*Broken Washers and Dryers are not accepted donation items for our resale shop; however, these items may be dropped off at Family Sharing and used for scrap metal donation.
*Lightly used or like-new mattresses, box springs, headboards, footboards, and bed frames are needed on an on-demand basis. Please call us to see if these items are needed at this time.
Donate Clothing & Housewares
We all know how great it feels to clean out a closet and get organized. It feels even better to know that the items that you aren’t using can go toward a great cause!
Family Sharing accepts quality, gently used clothing, shoes, accessories, sporting equipment, household goods, and books.
Family Sharing’s donation drop-off is staffed any time the store is open. While we aren’t able to help load/unload your vehicle we’d be happy to help answer any questions you have!
Please keep in mind, items need to be in sellable condition. Your help in exercising discretion is greatly appreciated. The disposal of goods that cannot be utilized is costly and counterproductive to our ability to serve the community.
Donation Drop Off Hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10AM – 3PM.
Donate Scrap Metal
Many people don’t realize that Family Sharing accepts scrap metal donations. We are able to sell it to a recycler in bulk quantity – the proceeds go to funding our mission. Scrap metal includes all metal that does not contain hazardous materials such as Freon. For example, lawnmowers, washers, dryers, metal furniture, metal file cabinets, metal fencing, et cetera.
Scrap metal may be dropped off at Family Sharing during open store hours.